Enroll students into courses by creating Academic Plans. Academic Plans establish a relationship between an Academic Offering, and either a student or faculty Contact record. By creating these records you are enrolling students and instructors into courses.
The object leverages Record Types to distinguish between Faculty and Student.
Both Record Types use the Academic Status field as the primary indication of the contact’s relationship to the Offering (Instructing, Enrolled, Dropped, ETC).
To add students to an Academic Offering:
- From within Salesforce, open an Academic Offering record that you would like to enroll the student in.
- Click the New Academic Plan button within the Academic Plans related list.
- Select the “Student” record type and click the Continue button.
- Enter the student's name in the Contact field (use the magnifying glass icon to help search for the student).
- Set Academic Status to "Enrolled" and populate any other appropriate field.
- Click the Save button.
Note: If your institution uses Motivis SIS features, ensure to enter the Student Term Registration field with the respective record.