Note: This article is intended for users with access to native Salesforce.
When creating events, an option is provided to add relevant tags. Tags not only aid the categorization of events, but will also provide ways to promote your event by relating events to the interests of community members. As the list of events grow within your community, you may wish to report on these events and tags in order to get a better understanding of where your community's interests are focused. You can set up such a report in native Salesforce by following these steps:
- From within Salesforce, click the Reports tab. If you do not have a Reports tab, click the + tab and then click the Reports link. The Programs Home page is displayed.
- Click the New Report button.
- In the Quick Find search box, search "tag" and select the "Community Event Tag with Community Event" report type.
- Click the Create button.
- Click the Show drop-down and select "All community event tag".
- Click the Tabular Format drop-down within the Preview section and select "Summary".
- In the Quick Find search box in the Fields section, search "name" and click and drag the Event Name field into the Drop a field here to create a grouping. section.
- In the Quick Find search box in the Fields section, search "tag" and click and drag the Community Tag field into the Preview section.
- Click the Run Report button to view your report. This will display all Community Events and their associated tags.
- Optionally, click the Customize button and drag fields from the Fields section and from them into the Preview section to add more fields to your report.
- When you are satisfied with your report, click the Save or Save As button.
- Enter a name for your report in the Report Name field.
- Optionally, enter a description describing what the report entails in the Report Description field.
- Select a report folder you wish to save the report in by selecting a folder in the Report Folder drop-down.
- Finally, click the Save or Save & Run Report button.