The purpose of this enhancement is to provide some additional functionality to the Learnosity quizzing feature. Highlights of this feature include:
Creating Timed Quizzes
- On the Assignment Edit/Create page, there is now the option to enable a required time to complete a quiz.
- Quiz duration can be set in hours and/or minutes (between 1 and 23 hours, and between 1 and 59 minutes).
- There is an option for instructors to force a submission after the time expires.
- There is an option to show the student a warning 60 seconds before the time expires.
- Timed quiz information will be provided on the Assignment Details page for both students and instructors.
Allowing for Multiple Quiz Attempts
- For each quiz assignment, instructors have the ability to set the number of attempts. Options are:
- Setting a certain number of attempts
- Setting an unlimited number of attempts
- Instructors also have the ability to set the grade mode for a quiz assignment that allows for multiple attempts. This is the grade that will appear in progress reports and on the My Progress page. Options are:
- Save the highest grade
- Save the most recent grade
- Once a quiz is assigned, instructors are not able to change the above settings, but they can change the number of attempts (if a certain number has been set) to allow for additional attempts if needed.
- Students can view their attempt details on the quiz’s Assignment Details page.
- Instructors can view student attempt details on the quiz’s Assignment Evaluation page.
Update to Pending-Evaluation Messaging for Quizzes with Essay Questions
- The purpose of this enhancement is to prevent student confusion when a quiz attempt is pending evaluation because it includes a question that requires manual grading.
- With this enhancement, prior to the evaluation of a quiz with essay questions, no assignment progress details will be provided (total points earned/percent points earned).
- Prior to evaluation, the message in the Submission History space will be “Your quiz attempt is pending a final score. You will receive a notification once your score is ready to view.”
- Once the quiz has been evaluated, evaluation details will be displayed for that attempt.