Setting a landing page or home page when community users first log into the community is very possible via personas. You can set a landing page for each persona including Student, Instructor, Curriculum Designer, Coach, Academic Admin, and System Admin.
Caution: Landing pages can only be set for community users and not internal Salesforce users at this time.
You can set a landing page for a particular persona by:
- Navigate to Setup > Develop > Custom Metadata Types.
- Click the Manage Records link next to the Persona Menu label.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a label name in the Label field. For instance this may look like 'Student Home Page'.
- Enter the name of the persona you are creating the landing page for in the Persona Menu field.
- Enter the name of the visualforce page you would like to set the landing page to in the Home Page field. For students for example, this may be 'LRMAssignments' if you wish students to land on the Assignments tab. See below to learn how to locate the visualforce page names.
You can locate the name of the visualforce page by logging in as that persona, opening the page you would like users to navigate to, and copying the visualforce page name from the URL. The visualforce pag name will always follow 'motivis_lrm__' in the URL. For example, to locate the 'LRMAssignments' visualforce page name example above:
- Login into the community as a user with the Student persona.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- You'll find 'LRMAssignments' following 'motivis_lrm__' in the URL. This is the visualforce page name.
Note: If a user has multiple personas, a persona menu will need to be created for each persona and the visualforce page name will need to be added to each persona menu.