Assigning Submission, Discussion or Quiz Assignments:
- Once you have added an assignment to a course and set a due date, you can assign it to all or some of your students.
- If you would like to assign it to all of your students all you need to do is click the Assign button to the right of the assignment title.
- If you would like to assign it to only certain students, Click the button to the right of an assignment title and a drop down menu will appear with all of the students in the class.
- Then you can either select all, deselect all, or select or deselect individual students who are currently enrolled in the course. The number represents the number of students currently selected to publish to. You can also filter the list of students by typing a certain name in the Filter box.
- Once students are selected, click the Assign button and then click the Continue button to publish the assignment to the selected students.
Tip: If the Assign button is grayed out, make sure that you have set a due date and that at least one student is selected.
Note: You can not currently go back and assign a previously assigned assignment to new students. Any students who are not originally assigned the particular assignment cannot be added later.
Assigning Modules and Managing Students:
- Assigning modules uses the same method as assigning individual assignments. Once you have finalized the content of a module and set a due date for all of the assignments in the module, you can assign it to all or some of your students using the Assign button.
- However, when you assign content to students within a module you can manage the students who are assigned the material and assign it to new students at a later date. To do this click on the ellipsis on the top right hand side of the module and select "Manage Students"
- This will bring up a seperate menu where you can either select all, deselect all, or select or deselect individual students who are currently enrolled in the course.
- You can choose to assign the module to new students or unassign it to students who it was previously assigned to.
Note: You can only unassign a module if the student has not interacted with any of the elements of the module.
- Once students are selected, click the Save button.