Course modules provide instructors and curriculum designers a way to batch and organize assignments and resources within a course. The instructor or curriculum designer can create a module folder, name it, and then add course related items which remain grouped together. These items include:
- Discussion assignments
- Submission assignments
- Quiz assignments
- Text Blocks
Instructors can also set prerequisites which prevent students from working on a module until they have completed another specified module.
When the module is complete, the instructor can publish the module, which includes all of its content, to specific students within the course, like they can with individual assignments, and delete or unpublish modules as needed. The feature also handles how the items within a module are organized, and when a module should move to the "Completed Assignments" section, for both instructors and students. Additional module features include:
- Filtering and sorting students capability
- Specifying why some students are unavailable to remove from a published module
- Blocking instructors from giving a student the same assignment twice
- Adding available date ranges for an entire module
See the below section to learn how to create modules or click here to view our walkthrough video.
Creating Course Modules
- From the Assignments tab of a Course page, click the Add drop-down and select "Add Module".
- Enter a name for the Module in the Name field.
- Click the Prerequisite drop-down and select a module that students are required to complete (if any) prior to beginning the new module you are creating.
- Click the Add drop-down within the Module to add a text blocks, assignments and resources from the library, or to create new assignments.
- After all desired content is added to the module, click the Assign button which assigns the module and content to your students. This will then display the module and content to your students.