When setting up Academic Calendars, an Academic Term must be created first. An Academic Term is a container for sessions and their academic dates.
To create an academic term:
- Navigate to the Academic Calendars tab.
- Select “Terms” from the drop-down under Calendar in the top left.
- Click the Create New Term button once available.
- Populate the Name, Start Date, End Date, Account, Term Code fields and set Status to "Active".
- Click the Save button.
Once a Term is created, sessions can then be created within that Term.
To create sessions within the term:
- Navigate to the Academic Calendars tab and select “Sessions” from the drop-down under Calendar in the top left. From here, click the Create New Session button once available. Alternatively, click the New Academic Calendar button in the Session & Dates related list on the Term record created above and select the "Session" record type.
- Select the parent Term record in the Term field and enter a Name, Start Date, End Date, Session code and Account.
- Set the Status to "Active" or "Draft" depending if the session is now active.
- click the Save button.
Note: Session must start and end between the start and end dates of the associated Term.