Creating a Program Master for the first time should automatically create a Program Version (see Creating a Program Master). If a Program Version is not created automatically, one will need to be created manually.
Note: A Program Version will only be created automatically if the EnableProgramAutoCreate custom setting is turned on. See How to Enable Automatic Program Version Creation to learn how to turn this setting on.
Steps to create Program Version:
- From within Salesforce, click the Programs tab. If you do not have a Programs tab, click the + tab and then click the Programs link. The Programs Home page is displayed.
- Click on the Master Program you wish to create a Program Version for. The Master Program record page will display.
- Click the New Program button within the Program Versions related list. The Select New Program Type screen is displayed.
- Select the “Version” record type in the Record Type of new record field.
- Click the Continue button. The New Program screen is displayed.
- Ensure the Master Program field is populated. Enter the Program’s name in the Program Title field at the minimum, and check the Active Flag field if it is the only planned version of the program to be setup.
- Click the Save button.
For more information regarding Programs please see Programs Overview.