The assignments listed on the Assignments tab are available to all students in the course after they have been published.
The Assignments list provides you with information about each assignment, including:
- Assignment title—For published and completed assignments, clicking the title displays the Assignments page (for a Submission assignment) or the Discussion Board (for a Discussion assignment). For unpublished assignments, clicking the title displays the assignment in Preview mode.
- Assignment type (Submission or Discussion)—Submission assignments are identified by; Discussion assignments by . The number in the upper right corner of the icon represents the number of submissions awaiting evaluation (for Submission assignments) or the number of new posts (for Discussion assignments).
- Available dates—If dates have been assigned, they are displayed here; if not, the open date defaults to the date the assignment was added to the course and the close date to the course end date. If the assignment is created prior to the course start date, the open date defaults to the course start date.
Note: The default open and close dates for the assignment should be the same as the offering session start and end dates. If the offering start or end date is blank, the respective Open or Close field should also be blank.
- Assignment due date—If a date has been assigned, it displays here; if not, click the Due Date drop-down and do one of the following:
- If you want to allow students to set the due date, select the Students choose due date option. You can suggest a due date by clicking a date on the calendar and then clicking the Save button.
- If you do not want to allow students to set the due date, select the Instructor sets due date option. Select the due date by clicking a date on the calendar and then clicking the Save button.
Refer to the Setting Due Dates section for more information.
- The number of assignments that have been submitted and evaluated versus the number of students in the course (i.e., 1 of 4 Completed).
- Unpublish an assignment—If an assignment is published and students have not yet submitted work, click the ellipses icon and select “Unpublish Assignment”.
- For an unpublished assignment, assign it to students, publish or delete it:
- Click the button to the right of an assignment title and then either select all, deselect all, or select or deselect individual students who are currently enrolled in the course. The number represents the number of students currently selected to publish to. You can also filter the list of students by typing a certain name in the Filter box.
- Once students are selected, click the Publish button and then click the Continue button to publish the assignment to the selected students.
Note: The Publish and Continue buttons do not appear on the assignment tiles until students are enrolled in the course.
- Click the ellipses icon and select “Delete Assignment” to remove the assignment from a course. This removes the link to the course.
Note: You cannot unpublish an assignment if a student has already started working on it.
The Competency Coverage section on the right provides you with information about what competencies and performance indicators are linked to the course and whether the assignments touch on each of those competencies and performance indicators:
- A ribbon represents a competency.
- Clicking on a competency displays the competency statement and lists the assignment names that are linked to that competency, which hyperlink back to the assignment.
- Stars represent the performance indicators linked to the competency. The number in each star represents the number of assignments connected to that competency.
- Clicking on a star displays the assignment names, which hyperlink back to the assignment.