To be successful with competency-based learning, educators need the appropriate tools and technology that offer a way to mass customize learning for each individual student's’ needs. It is possible that, with one login, educators can access real-time, comprehensive social, emotional and statistical snapshots of our students and can monitor their progression towards mastering competency standards.
Learning Relationship Management (LRM) is the evolution of siloed, course-centric technology to a fully-integrated, student-centric platform that combines elements of Learning Management Systems, Student Information Systems, community engagement, and the total student lifecycle.
LRM fosters productive relationships between the student and instructors, advisors, coaches, peers, and other stakeholders in her progress. Through true personalized learning and strong learner relationships, LRM improves engagement, achievement, outcomes, retention, and long-term success. LRM makes information actionable and accessible for those who need it:
- A real-time, holistic view of each student
- The ability to address all students’ individual learning needs and track their progress
- The ability to accurately measure outcomes and provide timely feedback
- Warning alerts to help those students in need
- Easy access to complete and actionable data
- Agile, flexible tools that can adapt to their particular needs
- Educator evaluation through competency-based standards
- Learning experiences personalized to their unique interests, wants, needs, aspirations
- The ability to learn at their own pace, anywhere, anytime
- Relationships that support them in achieving their goals
Built around the learner, LRM provides the data and tools necessary for personalized, outcomes-based learning at scale. One of the strengths of the Motivis Learning platform is its ability to deeply analyze and measure student progress towards mastery and growth through data, and we have built into the LRM guardrails to ensure best practices for data collection.
To accurately provide real-time measurement of student progress, there are three necessary components that you will recognize within the LRM:
- Competency Statements
- Performance Indicators
The flow from Competency to Performance Indicators to Criteria provides the structure to create consistent measurements of student performance while allowing for the individualization and customization of how a student demonstrates mastery.