As a member of the Community, you have the ability to create community groups.
There are three types:
- Public groups which anyone can join and create.
- Private and Discoverable groups which anyone can find but they must request access from an Owner or Manager.
- Private and Undiscoverable which do not come up on the All Groups page or in search. Users must be invited to join by either the Group Owner or a Manager.
To create a Group:
- From the Groups page, click the Create Group button. An edit page will display.
Note: The fields you see may be different from the screenshots below, based on how you've set up your group fields.
- Choose a name for your group, and enter it in the Name field.
- From the dropdown, select whether you want this to be a public or private group.
- You'll want to select a purpose for your group from the dropdown. Some choices include:
- Project/Study Group
- If you want other members of the Community to see and join the group, check the Discoverable box.
Note: If the group is public, it must be Discoverable.
- Enter a short description of the group in the Description box.
- Add a longer description about your group in the Information box. This will make your group more interesting to people looking for groups relevant to their interests!
- Groups can be automatically archived after 90 days of inactivity. You can select from the list if you would like to use this function.
- Select relevant tags to make your group easier to discover. It will appear in users' Recommended Group list if it matches their interest tags.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions (this may not be applicable to your institution).
- Click Submit button to create your group! It is automatically added to the All Groups list and to your My Groups list. You are also now a group owner.