A system administrator can add a Twitter feed to the Home page so that students can view the latest tweets from their school and keep up with their organization on social networks.
- Log in to your organization's Twitter account.
- Go to the following website: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/new.
- Click the User timeline tab and then click the Create widget button.
- Code is generated and displayed in a box below the Preview pane. For example:
<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/angie" data-widget-id="660169548923012345">Tweets by @angie</a>
- From the code, copy the value after the data-widget-id parameter (in bold above). In the example above, the id value is 660169548923012345.
- Make sure you know the Twitter handle (in the example above, it is angie).
- From within Salesforce, navigate to the Home page.
- At the end of the URL, delete anything after “.salesforce.com/” and append “apex/motivisu__unityadmin” to the end of the URL. The Unity Admin screen is displayed.
- In the Community Settings section, click the Edit button.
- Enter the Twitter handle in the Twitter Handle field. (In the example in the previous section, the Twitter handle is motivislearning.)
- Enter the Twitter data widget ID in the Twitter Widget Data ID field. (In the example in the previous section, the Twitter widget data ID is 666651430489604097.)
- Click the Save button to save to your settings
- It is possible to accidentally have a mismatched Twitter handle and Widget ID. In order for the widget to display on the Community Home page, you must enter a value in both the Twitter Data Widget ID and the Twitter Handle fields.